Hey, Soap Fans. We at LTAS wish you a happy new year!
This is the time of year for resolutions, right? So here are ours:
- We resolve to continue not to watch ABC (except for watching “General Hosptial”), boycott all Disney products, advertisers, parks, etc. No support of The Rat until “All My Children” (AMC) and “One Life to Live” (OLTL) are back in their 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m time slots on ABC, respectively.
- We resolve to boycott Proctor and Gamble, the original soap killers that set this whole nightmare in motion, all their sponsors and products, until “Guiding Light” and “As the World Turns” are returned to their original time slots on CBS. (See Kim Zimmer’s (Riva Shane GL) book, ‘I’m Just Sayin.’).
- We resolve to support the advertisers who support the soaps.We will support all Soap Opera Website by clicking at least ten times on the advertisements on those sites, to make sure the soap admins get revenues and can keep their soap opera websites going. [Also, we humbly request that you do the same ten clicks on our ads too! Please. :).
- We resolve to pressure Warner Brothers to make a deal with CBS to bring “Dallas” home.
- We resolve to get the “Dynasty” reboot off to a good start and make its ratings sky-high by faithfully watching it (but first and foremost, because we love it) from its first day back.
- We resolve to support in any ways we can the soap stars, who have been at the forefront of the fight four our soaps.
- And we resolve to remain vigilant and do whatever the moments call for in the future to make sure we are never in this position fighting for our soaps to return to us again.
Also, remember that we will be posting a run-down of our 2014 accomplishments next Monday, our and the many other faithful Save Our Soaps groups’ accomplishments being the reason we are confident our resolutions will make a difference and that even without them, AMC and OLTL are on their way back.
P.S. To Disney: The only way to have the boycott of all your goods and services lifted is to return AMC and OLTL to their original time slots. If they return in any other form, yes, we will follow them, but your millions of soap viewers (AMC and OLTL) will not end the boycott of all things ABC/Disney. Also, Spain has a second soap channel, and we don’t even have one! Why? We want SOAPnet back!
Remember to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to this blog by entering your e-mail in the upper-right corner. And comment below, of course! Say anything you feel, for example share with us your soap-related resolutions!
And, as always, soap fans, Stay Soapy!